House, History & Rooms
The Cedars of Williamsburg has been a Williamsburg lodging landmark since 1932. Originally build by Dr. Henderson for his seven children in 1933, he later sold the Cedars to two sisters in 1935 who converted it to a bed and breakfast.
Dr. Henderson observed the demolition of a 100 year old building on the William & Mary College campus. He hired the school children to collect up the bricks at $.02 a piece. He build both the main house and cottage out of their collection.